When we see ourselves as creations of a wise and loving Higher Power, we are more likely to see each other as equally worthy of respect. This perspective allows us to rise above survival-of-the-fittest’s bloody fray and enjoy and share freedom, peace and prosperity for all.
In my view, these types of organizations are doing just that:
- Customer and Worker-owned Cooperatives – Valuing people at least as high as profits in the workplace
- Sudbury-style Democratic Schools – Respecting the child’s innate curiosity and capacity to learn
- Self-governing Intentional Communities – Living in harmony with others and Nature
- Forest Gardeners and Permaculture Practitioners – Respecting Nature’s form of agriculture
- Local, Self-governing Clubs and Charitable Organizations – Filling our common needs and interests at the lowest level